I don’t even know if??it’s??possible.??I’m darn sure??it’s??inadvisable.??But we’re putting it out there anyway: The Inaugural Team Shenanigans Four Drinks One Race Challenge.
The race course for the??Walt Disney World Marathon??takes runners through all four theme parks plus the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. We’ve spoken before about how much fun it was to cross the finish line with a margarita in hand. And we’ve decided to create a challenge that you should definitely not attempt.
By our calculations, if you work things just right as you run the marathon, you should be able to (but you should definitely not try to) get a drink at four different places along the course: Animal Kingdom, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Our challenge to you is to get a drink at each of those places, and??tweet??all four pictures tagging??@TeamShenanigans??with hashtag #FourDrinksOneRace or post them to our Facebook page at facebook.com/TeamShenanigansRunning.
If you’re able to complete the challenge, which you definitely should not even try, we’ll send you a commemorative button with the Team Shenanigans Four Drinks One Race Challenge logo.
Our standard legal disclaimer applies to this and all??Shenanigan Challenges.
Here are some potential spots to get a drink along the course. You don’t have to stop at these, but they may be your best bet.??Not that you’d stop at any, let alone all of them, because that would be really foolish…
You’ll hit Animal Kingdom around mile 13 of the marathon. Protip: if you’re going to ride Expedition Everest, you’ll probably want to get a drink after the ride.
ESPN WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS COMPLEX
This is the most boring part of the race course. But when you’re done with it, you’ll only have about 10K left.
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
By the time you get to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the park will have been open for a few hours, and there will unquestionably be drinks available. You probably shouldn’t get one though.
There are limitless options in Epcot’s World Showcase. You’ll find Schoffenhoffer Grapefruit Beer from a cart in Germany, and frozen Margaritas in Mexico.
GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Be safe. Be smart. Be responsible.
- To qualify for the commemorative button, you must submit a picture of yourself enjoying the beverage at each place you purchased the beverage in all four venues.??Post them to our facebook page or tweet them and tag @TeamShenanigans. Use??hashtag #FourDrinksOneRace. Photos must be submitted by end of the day Monday, January 11, 2016.
- To complete the non-alcoholic version of this challenge,??simply make your non-alcoholic purchase at a venue that is also serving alcohol. That way it’s a level playing field. But don’t just buy a bottle of water. That is so boring. We will probably mock you all over social media if you do that. Fair warning.
- You need not consume the entire beverage at each stop. You probably should not consume the entire beverage at each stop.
- You will not successfully be a finisher of the Four Drinks One Race Challenge if, for whatever reason,??you are unable??to purchase a beverage at one of the four venues. This includes, but is not limited to: you got there too early, you got lost, you forgot, your tummy was upset, they didn’t have Merlot and you fancy, etc. In short, we ain’t got time for your excuses.??Put up or shut up! Suck it up, Buttercup! And other slogans!
- Finishers of the Inaugural Team Shenanigans Four Drinks One Race Challenge will receive their commemorative button in the mail within a few weeks of the race. Hopefully no one can complete the challenge??so we don’t have to deal with all those logistics. This idea is seeming worse and worse. Whose idea was this anyway?
- All rulings and decisions of the judges are final.