On this episode we’re joined by The Gear Guru: Doug Schwartz, owner of Endurance House in Norwalk, CT.??He’s a 10x Ironman Triathlete, a USAT-Certified Triathlon Coach and Race Director, so he knows his stuff. He tackles lots of our listener gear questions including:
- How long should running shoes last
- What kind of shoe is best
- Best running shoe for the money (this answer will surprise you)
- Are trail shoes really necessary
- Does the kind of shoe really matter
- Why is my big toe making a hole in the top of my shoe
- Do socks really wear out
- Is it better to have thick or thin socks
- Should runners wear compression socks and sleeves while running or only afterwards
- Do compression shirts offer any benefit
- What are some non-gel alternatives for mid-run fueling
- Is there any benefit of having caffeine in gels and fuel
- What’s the best sunscreen to use
- Should I wear underwear or not
- Some triathlon training questions including how to get faster at transitions and peeing in your wetsuit
- What’s the best sports bra
- What’s best to use for added traction when running in ice and snow
- What’s the best cross training activity for improved cardio (another surprising answer)
- What’s best for getting the stick out of performance apparel
- What brand of socks is best for blister protection
Please??SUBSCRIBE, RATE and REVIEW??the podcast on iTunes.
It helps improve our ranking in search results, which means more people will have the opportunity to learn about the joy of running with friends and putting fun in your run.
We want to hear from you! Please follow??@TeamShenanigans??on Twitter and??https://www.facebook.com/TeamShenanigansRunning??on Facebook and let us know what you think of the show. If you have feedback, questions or suggestions for future podcasts, you can email us at??podcast@TeamShenanigans.org.