In this episode we are joined by Nutritionist Katie Diehl to answer a TON of questions sent in by listeners on the topic of fitness and nutrition. We discuss:
- Consuming the right number of calories a day
- Getting the right proportion of macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fat)
- Losing weight while training for a distance running event
- The problem with low-carb and no-carb diets
- The best plant-based proteins
- The controversy around soy
- Healthy and quick post-run snack options
- The science behind and strategy for carb-loading
- The theory behind having 5-6 small meals throughout the day vs. breakfast-lunch-dinner
- A nutritional approach to the PRP (pre-race poop)
- And More!
You can find more information about Katie and the services she provides as a nutritionist working with individual clients on her website http://www.diehlnutrition.com or follow her on Instagram @thedailydiehl.
We finish the podcast with a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:
After three years and 150 episodes, we will be wrapping up the Team Shenanigans Podcast with a Final Episode recorded LIVE on YouTube on Sunday, August 19th at 7pm Eastern. We’ll be taking listener questions in real time through the chat feature, we hope to have some special guests, and maybe just invite a few listeners to join us for the five questions. I’m sure we’ll have a final Real Talk with Brittany, and we’ll head into the Kenny Zone one last time.
If you can’t join us live, we’ll publish an edited version available as our final podcast, and the video should remain on YouTube if you prefer to watch the thing at a later date.
For details on the Team Shenanigans Podcast Final Show Live, visit https://teamshenanigans.org/finalshow.
Please SUBSCRIBE, RATE and REVIEW the podcast on iTunes.
It helps improve our ranking in search results, which means more people will have the opportunity to learn about the joy of running with friends and putting fun in your run.